For this recipe, you will need a rimmed sheet pan (18x13-inches).
For the Filling:
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar (426 g)
- 2 TB all-purpose flour (15 g)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp fine-grain salt (like table or sea salt)
- 3 12-oz bags fresh or frozen cranberries (36 oz, 9 cups)
- 3 firm-ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped small (~1.5 lbs)
For the Topping:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (300 g)
- 1 2/3 cups rolled oats (134 g)
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar (266 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp fine-grain salt (like table or sea salt)
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted (10 oz, 20 TB)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and pears until everything is well combined. Spread the mixture into an ungreased 18x13 sheet pan and set aside.
- For the Topping: In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until everything is well-moistened. Crumble the topping over the cranberry pear filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- While rinsing the cranberries, be sure to pick them over, removing any you wouldn't want to eat.
- Mix the filling in the largest bowl you have (this is a bulky filling and you'll want ample room to stir everything together). Then, use the same "dirty" bowl to mix together the topping - one less bowl to wash!
- You may want to line the bottom rack of your oven with aluminum foil to catch any inevitable drips.
- Recipe inspired by this Sweet-Tart Cranberry Crisp (That's Made in a Sheet Pan).
Keywords: sheet pan recipes, sheet pan desserts, Thanksgiving recipes, fall recipes, crisp recipes, cranberry recipes, pear recipes, easy Thanksgiving recipes